Ahoy Friends — it’s been a while but I have NOT forgotten about your gorgeous selves!
Perusing one of my fave sources (SEOMoz) for all things SEO, and stumbled on this nugget:
“What is the single best piece of SEO advice?” from The Moz Top 10 – September 2012, Issue 1 - article is actually from Quora and sums up a lot of what I practice and believe about doing business — online and offline.
I get this question all the time — and it’s a great one. But most people aren’t ready for they answer. They expect I’ll tell them to stuff keywords, obsess about search engine rankings, page rank and links — I don’t. This article (and the excellent sources who contributed) validate what I believe and how I practice “SEO”.
Most of the advice revolves around creating valuable content that’s relevant and shareable. Then engaging, sharing and building relationships online. YEAH!!!! Couldn’t have said it better myself.
What does this mean for you?
The Sassy Assassin of SEO Says:
* Your site and your business needs to build trust – how can you show and prove you are trustworthy?
* Please your customers and prospects first — search engines next. If you are doing the first, the second will be fine.
* Understand your passion for your business — let it come out in your branding / position — find your niche.
* Ensure your site reflects your passion / products and the customer experience journey is simple and leads to purchase / engage.
* Once you have the above clear, create a simple ongoing content plan revolving around your products / services (demos, product spotlights, how-tos) and your customers (thru testimonials, Q&A’s, reviews).
* SHARE – make your content sharable thru Facebook, Google+, etc.
* ENGAGE – respond to customers and prospects. Take care of them better than your competitors.
* REPEAT – marketing your business is ongoing and never ending, yet if you engage your customers and prospects, they’ll do some of that work for you. Yeah for Word of Mouth!
***And a warning — one the best parts from the article — BE CAREFUL. There are many people who will tell you how to do SEO, what works and what doesn’t. It would be surprising to know that a lot of the information out there either gives you absolutely no results or puts your website at risk.
Wow, take a break for a few months and seems I have a lot to share. But seriously, find someone who cares about you and your business and ask their advice.
If you need help creating easy ongoing content plans or engaging with your community, give me a call on 310-292-3026 (US) or 0427 326 023 (AUS). I love to help. I’m also Kristin@SassySEO.com.
Happy Creating & Socializing (my favorite bit)!