Welcome to another (and most important) SassySEO Insights.
If you’ve met TheSassySEO and we’ve chatted about SEO (I LOVE discussing SEO), you know my methodology is simple: Create relevant & valuable Content and have a strong Customer Acquisition/Communication Plan.
To help you in your quest for fabulous & quality content, here are some ideas – if you have any more you’d like to share, please email me at Kristin@SassySEO.com. I’ll update this post, include your name and a link to your site which I’m sure is full of valuable content!
This list is broken down by different categories to help you organise your hunt for inspiration.
1 – From Site Analytics:
* Keyterms people use to get to your site
* Most visited pages/longest visits(stickiest)– write more content around these topics
* On Site Search – what terms people use to Search on your site
* Referral Sites (other than search engines) – which sites link to you and found content valuable
* Links from Newsletters – top clicked stories
* Blog Topics – which posts have most visits/most comments
2 – From Your Competition:
* Most commented blog posts
* Top Keyterms on their sites (can use SeoQuake.com to see their keyword density)
* Read Twitter to see what they are saying/sharing with followers
3 – From Relevant Bloggers:
* Put a spin/opinion about a pertinent post & how it relates to your business. Publish on site (ask permission to link to article/post and give credit)
* See which topics receive most comments – write a post from your point of view
* Read blogger’s tweets to see what they consider important topics
4 – Outside Sources:
* Relevant Industry News or articles with lots of comments included
* Interview key people in business/industry
* Look at relevant conferences/events and see which topics are being presented
* Search Top Key Terms to get topics – if a keyterm results in lots of pages in a Search Engine, it’s a popular topic – write about it if it will add value to your visitors when they come to your site
5 – Social Networking Sites:
* Trending topics on Twitter
* Search/Answer Questions on LinkedIn – publish to site and cross-reference
6 – Other Ideas to Build Value on your Site with Content:
* Publish presentations or break up existing presentations and post
* How to Videos/Documentation – how to use your products/services
* If there is a need and opportunity, become an expert in your field and write about topics on a regular basis
7 – Get Customers/Vendors/Partners Involved, too:
* Customer/Vendor Testimonials or Videos
* Case Studies of Customers
* Guest Bloggers/User Generated Content – make it easy for people to contribute.
* Create Contests with Users sharing experiences/photos/making videos and post on your site, your Facebook Pages, etc.
* Share favourite resources and experiences w/ vendors – reach out and connect with your customers & partners
* Write content/testimonials for your vendors & partners and ask if they would post on their site/blog
This is just a quick list. Always be on the hunt for ways to strengthen your site and improve your visibility. You don’t have to conquer ALL of these – try a few and see how successful and enriched your site can become.